Thursday, May 31, 2007

Getting started

I'd like to say that I'm an amateur photographer, but, truly, I'm still a snapshotist, hence the blog name. The most difficult shots for me are landscapes and the easiest are flower macros. My goal is to produce images that convey not just what I'm seeing through my lens, but also what I'm feeling about the subject I've chosen. I have a long, long way to go.



I have to admit, this blog is an assignment, and I wouldn't have started a blog had it not been. Still, I think I will post some of my images here, see if I can analyze their weaknesses and strengths, and use this as a tool to help myself try to become a better photographer.

Update 10/17/07: Okay, now that I'm finished laughing. Didn't I have such sober and serious intentions? Oh well. You never really know what's lurking in the right side of your brain until you start a blog. And who knows, maybe someday I will post a very serious critique of one of my photos. Not.

No comments: